It's September. 2001. I don't know why, but it kinda freaks me out. But today's a day just like yesterday. The sun rises. It's warm. And tomorrow will follow today. But... September...already?!?
Today'll have outages as weblogger migrates to a new server space. Details and updates here.
- Hong Kong I was there for a few days before heading to Taiwan for a 3-month period of time
- London 1980, college Europe tour, and a couple of times since: 82, 86
- Paris college europe tour, and in 1995 a time working with Eric Wenger, Bryce's inventor. For a long time, I remembered that week according to what we ate each evening. yum!
- San Francisco. :D
- Venice 1980, college europe tour
- New York gasp! I've been there, but hardly. A day. Maybe a day and a half. That needs rectifying.
- To Do: Barcelona, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Rio de Janeiro
- Canadian Rockies Banff and Lake Louise. mmmm!
- Grand Canyon practically in my backyard.
- To Do: lots of items on the Nat't Geographic list
- I guess I haven't found paradise! Hawaii was only a customs stop visit coming back from Taiwan.
- Alps I spent about a month in the lower Austrian alps learning lettering from a master there, in the Salzkammergut. Halstatt, taking the seilbahn up to the top of Dachstein and going to the icecaves there... the weekend trips were quite the treat!
- Big Sur yes... a nice drive up the coast; been through there several times.
- England's Lake District spent a little time there; I remember making Windermere a meeting place for a friend for the second half of a trip to the UK, first half for her. Beautiful.
- Tuscany Well, having been to Firenze, I suppose that counts. But that's a city, and Tuscany is the country. I've a friend whose grandmother hails from that area; my friend has regaled me with stories from there. I'd like to go to the tuscan countryside.
- Vermont Yes, I've been there, and, very close to there, just over the New York border, the Adirondacks and Lake George.
- Acropolis, Athens Greece. That was from that summer college Europe tour.
- Vatican City. Same college Europe tour
- Yikes. I still have yet to make it to Mesa Verde! That's close by.
- Cyberspace. Naaah, never been *there* ; )
Not on the list, but of interest:
- Panama Canal. An engineering tour-de-force. lotsa panama pix Also, Portobelo, ancient sea-fort
- Ground Zero. Where the first nuclear bomb was exploded
- Stonehenge... and, speaking of standing stones, the Callanish standing stones on the Isle of Lewis in the outer Hebrides.
- Colorado Rockies
- Bryce and Zion national parks (bonus: link also has Las Vegas pix!)
- ..and there are others I could add, too...
Gee... 14 out of 50.. but who's counting? Good thing I've got a lotta frequent flyer miles burning a hole in my pocket. I may cross off another item or two from that list (or my own, personal list) before too long. :D
Also, there are some personal perspectives offerered on other places not in the Big 50 list.